CBH is dedicated to fostering research and development in the life sciences. CBH wants to make a difference in medical and translational research. To enhance medical progress and patient care, CBH strives to offer high-quality biospecimens from a huge variety of human properties and conditions for basic and preclinical research and development by scientific institutions and companies in the field of life sciences. Our network is constantly growing and aims to cover a broad spectrum of biospecimen providers from in- and out-patient treatment facilities, public biobanks, life sciences companies or academia.
Requirements for our buyers and suppliers:
CBH aims to bring biospecimen buyers and suppliers together at a virtual marketplace to enable fruitful supply relations between qualified specialists in the life sciences field. The buyers are therefore required to demonstrate that they belong to the life sciences research community before they can purchase on the platform.
Moreover, CBH requires all suppliers to commit themselves to essential standards to the extent applicable. These essential requirements comprise the fundamental principles of biomedical research, namely:
• Informed consent for biospecimen collection, research and sale.
• Full compliance with all applicable legislation at the place of origin of the supplied biospecimens and the place of business of the supplier.
• Compliance with the Declaration of Helsinki and the Declaration of Taipei of the World Medical Association (in the version in force at the time of collection of the biospecimens), the Oviedo-Convention of the Council of Europe, the Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights and the International Declaration on Human Genetic Data of UNESCO, and the International Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical Research Involving Human Subjects of the Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS).
• Full transparency on limitations and restrictions applicable to the supplied biospecimens.
• Observation of applicable guidelines and standards of practice for handling and storage of biospecimens, including best practice rules regarding in particular preanalytics, cold chain, hygienic standards in every handling step, classification and diagnosis of the biospecimens.
Furthermore, we require the suppliers to communicate the specifications and quality levels of each biospecimen offered on our platform and declare whether any restrictions on the use of the biospecimens apply. Where opinions from ethics committees or institutional review boards (IRB) were necessary for collecting or handling the biospecimens, CBH can provide you with all necessary information and forms.
Requirements for our services:
We take particular care to conduct our transactions with biospecimens in full compliance with the German law, in particular personality rights of the sample donors as guaranteed under national and international laws, such as the rights of subjects in clinical research. We observe any property rights of the sample donors protected by the German Civil Code. Our internal processes are designed to conform to the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz). With respect to donors, the biospecimens only come in an anonymized form with information such as medical diagnoses, sex and age at collection.
Our services have been checked by independent legal experts in the field of life sciences and healthcare law. We periodically ask external legal advisers for an updated legal opinion on our services to reflect the changing legal landscape and keep our processes and services in compliance with applicable law. We maintain a constant quality improvement system, therefore, we are open for feedback and recommendations.